Determining Pasture Yield
information via the Forage Information
How the Rising Plate Meter works
- The accumulative pasture meter is connected to the rod by a gear.
- The weighted disc slides on the rod as it’s pushed into the sward.
- The rod makes the accumulative pasture counter spin by turning the gear as the rod is pushed into the sward.
- When the rod is pushed into the forage the plants need to exert a force enough to sustain the disc.
- The greater the pasture meter number the greater the yield.
- The pasture meter number correlates with the forage bulk density.